We recognise this is an extremely difficult and frightening time for everyone. We are experiencing unparalleled changes in terms of our day to day both at work and at home. Government edicts and social norms are changing almost daily, while businesses and employees try to grapple with the uncertainty of what lays ahead. Yet through all this, we all need to find ways to function and support those around us.
The Government has instructed that people should stay at home wherever possible with strong restrictions on retail and leisure. However, in line with current guidance, businesses in some industries need to stay open to support the public and the nation.
Any Clearance provides a support role to key sectors including supermarkets, emergency maintenance, housing associations as well as providing essential services to homes and businesses where waste may cause an environmental hazard or where individuals are unable to dispose of waste themselves.
We recognise that we provide essential services to many of our customers and want to reassure them that we will continue to provide them with a service as long as we can safely do so. There may be some delays in collection or getting through to our offices during this period.
Although we often work outdoors and can deliver clearance services without the need for face to face interaction, we recognise that this is not always possible and so are taking eﬀective steps to protect you, our team and the wider community.
Current Government advice allows us to enter the home to collect waste. However we have chosen to apply further measures to protect everyone beyond this, which means that your waste should be left outside unless the house is vacant or your waste can be completely isolated within one room.
We will not be able to enter the home if someone is isolating or has been identified as vulnerable and within a high risk group. If you inform us before we attend that someone is vulnerable but not a high risk, we will do our best to assist you safely.
Face to face contact should be kept to a minimum, however, where this is unavoidable, strict adherence to the 2 metre rule should be observed. Please don’t be offended if our team remind you of this when they attend, it is to protect you and your loved ones, as much as us.
Overview of measures we have put in place:
- Waste should be placed outside wherever possible to ensure that there is no close human interaction
- Where this is not possible waste should be contained in a single room away from other people
- We are not able to collect if you are displaying symptoms, have been exposed to the virus or are isolating due to potential exposure
- Our team are mindful of government advice on symptoms and isolation and will only attend work if they are fit to do so
- We are running a skeleton crew and will attend with the fewest team members possible to complete the job
- We will observe the social distancing of 2 metres at all times and request you do the same.
- We will actively discourage cash payments where possible but can accept payments by card while maintaining 2 metres distance, by phone or via a web link
- We are completely paperless so will sign off all electronic documents on your behalf and send these to you so you don’t need to touch anything
- Our team are washing their hands or use rubbing alcohol sanitiser, systematically throughout the day
- Waste from homes with possible cases of COVID-19 and waste from the cleaning of areas where possible cases have been identified should be placed within strong plastic bags and tied, then placed within a second strong bag and tied. These should then be left for at least 72 hours in a safe (non communial area) before they are ready for transport. Where this is not possible we will not be able to help you and you should seek out a specialist clinical waste contractor who will guide you through how to deal with your waste. supply you with infectious waste orange bags (which we cannot help with). Please click here for more information.
These changes are necessary to protect you, us and everyone else the best we can. We therefore ask all customers to cooperate fully during these difficult times so that we may continue to operate safely.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us on 01934 744700