TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WHO WE ARE
- Junk2Go Ltd trading as Any Clearance, company registration number 12239263, registered address 24 Bridge Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1UB. Our waste broker and carrier licence number is CBDU311463 and we operate from Cheddar, Somerset.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF SALE
- These Terms and Conditions set out the whole agreement between you and us for the supply of our services, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
- If we provide an estimate or quote for works which may include the removal of items, without first inspecting the location, then a contract shall be created between us on your acceptance of our estimate or quote, whether by telephone, email or online. We reserve the right to vary our estimated or quoted price if at the time of the clearance the information you provided to us at the time of estimate or quotation was incomplete or inaccurate.
- When we attend the location we will conduct a visual inspection of the work to be carried out and where there is any variance between work estimated or quoted and actual work, we will inform you of any price change. You will then be able to agree to this change, or request we conduct work up to the original amount of the estimate or quote.
- When visually inspecting work on site, we can only confirm the price for those things we can see. Therefore should any additional work and/or chargeable items for removal be discovered while conducting any agreed works, these would be chargeable in addition to what has been previously agreed.
- SERVICE PROVISION
- Unless unable to do so by a Force Majeure Event, we will provide our services with reasonable and professional care and skill.
- We will aim to conduct the clearance on the date and time agreed but there may be delays due to circumstances beyond our control. In this case we will inform you and, where necessary, arrange a revised date or time as soon as reasonably possible. Where we provide you with an estimated time of arrival this should not be interpreted as offering any form of guarantee as to the time which we will attend to perform the clearance.
- You agree to provide our staff with free and safe access to the premises from where the rubbish or waste is to be removed or, where we are to conduct other work. You shall notify us of any special circumstances which may be relevant to our estimate or quotation, including any access issues, if any items are large or heavy, if the clearance would require our staff working at height, if the waste is secured, if there is likely to be any dispute as to whether the waste or rubbish can be cleared, or if we are unable to park for free within sight of the premises. If you do not notify us of any such special circumstances, or provide us with incomplete or inaccurate information or instructions, we may either make an additional charge to cover any extra work or costs that are incurred or, if we are unable to undertake the clearance or other work, charge a Wasted Journey Fee in accordance with section 5, clause 2 below.
- You confirm that you have full authority for us to collect and dispose of the waste and rubbish, or conduct the work as you have described and instructed. You shall indemnify us from and against any costs or expenses we suffer or incur from any third party as a result of you not having the authority for us to clear the waste and rubbish, or conduct the agreed work.
- If we detect or suspect there may be any asbestos or other hazardous or dangerous substances or materials on the site we may leave the premises, and will not be responsible for any further clearance, disposal or work. In such event you shall still be fully liable to pay for our attendance and for any waste or rubbish removed already. If we need to appoint a specialist to remove any such materials already loaded onto our vehicles, we reserve the right to charge you, if at the time of removal we were unaware of any asbestos or other hazardous or dangerous substances or materials contained within or amongst any items or materials removed.
- Any sharp or dangerous objects such as knives or broken glass should be stored separately in an appropriate container by you, before we arrive for the clearance. Under no circumstances should sharp objects be stored in bags. This requirement is for the safety of our staff and the public as a whole.
- PRICING AND PAYMENT TERMS
- All prices are as stated and VAT is payable.
- Payment must be made before or at the time of the clearance or work, unless a later payment date or terms have been agreed in advance in writing. For repeat customers with agreed payment terms where multiple loads or days of work are required, an initial payment of 50% of the total amount to pay may be required. In the event payment is not made, any items removed may be returned to the producer or premises from which it was collected.
- CANCELLATIONS, WASTED JOURNEYS AND CHARGES
- If you are contracting as a “consumer”, in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information’s, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your clearance at any time within 14 days of booking provided we have not started to provide the service agreed. To exercise the statutory right of cancellation, you must provide us with written notice via letter or email.
- If, having arrived at the site, we are unable to complete the clearance or work because of an act or omission by you (eg. we cannot gain access to the waste; or you cancel the service), we will refund you all monies paid less a wasted journey charge of £60 (‘Wasted Journey / Aborted Work Fee’) to cover our lost opportunity cost and costs of travel and labour spent in attending the agreed site.
- If we are unable to remove any items from the premises because, for example, they are too large to fit through the doorways, we may (at our discretion) agree to try and dismantle the item e.g. dismantle of a wardrobe, in order to try and get the item to fit through the doorway. If we are still unable to remove any such items from the premises, we shall not be responsible for the reassembly of these items.
- Our basic rates include an amount of time (according to the size of the collection) for our staff to undertake your clearance work once on site. This time allowance is referred to as a Labour Allowance. Where a clearance takes longer than the Labour Allowance, an additional charge for labour will be applied. These are displayed on our website under ‘Additional charge items’.
- LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
- This clause does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Subject to para 6 1), we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the contract. Our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the contract, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall not exceed the price of our services offered or agreed within the contract in question.
- We cannot guarantee no damage to property will occur during the clearance. You should inspect the working area once our clearance is complete and notify our staff of any damage before they leave site. Any such damage must also be notified in writing to Any Clearance within 7 days of completion of the site clearance. We will not accept liability for any damage that is not notified to us within this time.
- THINGS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure by us to perform, or delay in performance of any of our agreed obligations under these Terms caused by events outside our reasonable control (i.e. a Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes (a) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; (b) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; (c) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; (d) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- Our obligations under these Terms are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we shall extend the time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close where we are able to do so, or to find a solution by which our obligations under these Terms can be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- We may terminate the arrangement between us at any time. Termination will not affect either party’s outstanding rights or duties, including our right to recover from you any money you owe us under these Terms.
- ASSIGNMENT OF OBLIGATIONS
- You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under these Terms to another company or organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these Terms.
- All notices sent by you to us must be sent to us at 4 Comer Road, Cheddar, BS27 3AS or by email to [email protected] We may give you notice at either the email or postal address you provide to us, at the time of booking. Notice will be deemed received and appropriately served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
- DATA PROTECTION
- We will only use the personal information you provide to us to provide the services, or to inform you about similar services or information on related topics unless you tell us that you do not want to receive such information. You can do this by informing us in writing or choosing to unsubscribe from any mailing you may receive from us.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may pass your details to credit reference agencies, should this be required.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any part of the provisions of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, that term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will remain valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we fail, at any time while these Terms are in force, to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not exercise any of our rights or remedies under these Terms, that will not mean that we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these Terms shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you in writing.
- A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law and you and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- WHO WE ARE
Last Reviewed: 2 March 2022
We're in the business of helping others
Core to our values is delivering peace of mind. We do this by focussing on our customers and offering the best experience possible while choosing the environmental option where we can. Our reviews are proving that we are succeeding, however, we are always looking to improve.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE AT WORK POLICY
In recognition of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other legislation relating to Health and Safety, Any Clearance, in keeping with our duty of care, will take all reasonable measures as far as practically possible to ensure the health and safety of staff, customers, the general public and any other groups or individuals Any Clearance staff may come into contact with while conducting business activities. Any Clearance recognises that the control of all health and safety matters arising from the company’s work is not only an essential feature of our operations, but also a civil and statutory obligation. In keeping with this, Any Clearance are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment to all their staff, transportation of people, ensuring all loads are secured and transported safely, ensuring equipment is maintained, fit for purpose and that all operators are trained in their use. Beyond this by providing clear and effective systems of work and sufficient information, instruction and guidance to ensure that health and safety processes and operating procedures are suitably robust, to ensure staff, customer, general public and other entities health and safety. This health and safety policy will be reviewed systematically to ensure legislative compliance as well as ongoing relevance to all Any Clearance’s business activities annually.
Last Reviewed: 2 March 2022
Delivering Peace of Mind
You will get an email reminder the day before and a text reminder on the morning of your booking.
We’ll let you know when we are on the way. On arrival we will firm up the price for you, take payment, then clear your waste and sweep up.
Once you have inspected to make sure you are happy, we will email you directly from site your waste transfer note, invoice showing paid, and any before and after photos.
We operate across Bristol, Bath, Taunton and the remainder of the Somerset region, so are able to offer you a national level of quality service, locally.
We know good service is important to you, so all our vehicle crews are professional trained and DBS checked for your peace of mind.
With so many happy customers, we could rest on our laurels. But we are committed to reviewing and improving what we do to make your experience even better.
When we set up this business, we wanted to make sure we were a force for good. We chose not to compete on price, but to offer exceptional service with an environmental focus and to seek out customers and suppliers with the same values.
Customer loyalty programme
We offer a 5% discount for all customers who choose to use us again within a year!
(Any Clearance reserve the right to change this loyalty discount programme at any time)
Read what people are saying about us
When you have a lot of rubbish to deal with, like after a major project or tackling a house clearance, it can be expensive and