What we take
Computer & Laptop Recycling
Who would have thought 30-40 years ago that so much of the world would be run on and by computers. Technology moves at a frightening pace and whether we like it or not, to keep up, we are forced to renew our computer equipment every few years to keep our edge. But when it is time to upgrade, how are you going to manage all that old stock and equipment in the proper way.
Preparing for disposal of old computers properly
- Have you considered any personal or sensitive information, has it been backed up and transferred, also are you conforming with your company’s GDPR policy. The best place to start with this is to speak to your data controller. They will have policies in place for handling data and will be able to advise you on the proper course of action.
- What about legacy software, can you run them on newer machines, has this been tested. Also, has all data been backed up. Liaise with your IT department to ensure that any important and key systems and data have been retained and are safe and secure elsewhere.
- Before you turn your machines off for the final time, make sure you wipe all programs and data from your hard drives to be sure of no data breaches.
- Consider your internal IT security policy, what level of destruction of any hard drives is enough. You may need a logical or physical data destruction certificate for any hard drives. If you are unsure, it is always safest to remove any hard drives and have them physically destroyed. At its most basic, provided you have wiped them of any data, you can always have the hard drives drilled through.
Computer & Laptop Disposal & Recycling
- Now that the computers are safe, is it possible to sell them or donate them to a worthy cause. Schools for instance have limited budgets so will always value additional IT equipment. There are also some people who export them to third world countries, so if you can get them to them, that might be a good option too.
- If you haven’t been able to pass them on and still need to get rid of them, please be mindful that you cannot throw them in the normal refuse. There are a number of toxins that are present and should these end up in landfill, this will be very dangerous for people and the environment.
As part of our professional and reliable junk and rubbish removal service, we are able to collect and dispose of your computer equipment for you. Here’s how it works:
- To get an estimate and understand our availability you can use our Online Booking Enquiry form, or give us a call.
- You will get a reminder email the day before, and a text when the team is on their way (you can even follow them on Google Maps!)
- Show us the television you want removed, and we will confirm the price with you
- When you’re happy to go ahead, we process the payment, take the TV away and sweep up after ourselves. If you can’t be there to approve the work, we will even take photos and send them to you.
Please be aware that as a business you must be able to evidence proper disposal of your waste in case of audit. For most items including computers a Waste Transfer Note will suffice. However, if you have any hazardous waste such as TVs or Monitors, you must also receive a Hazardous Waste Consignment Note. This is something we are used to doing, so can issue this to you once we have completed your clearance and taken any such waste to the appropriate waste transfer stations.
We Remove Your Junk and Rubbish
Any Clearance is a local professional junk and rubbish removal service company. Our No Contact Rubbish Removal Service enables us to give you an estimate and remove any waste you may have without direct contact, to ensure we keep you and our teams safe.
We deliver our services across Bristol, Bath and all of Somerset and offer you rubbish removal services for your home and business, inside and out. We’re environmentally focused and look to donate or recycle as much of your rubbish as possible, so you can relax knowing that not only are you finally getting things cleared up, but you’re helping your local community too.
Whether you have old furniture, electrical appliances, a load of green waste or a pile of rubble, Any Clearance can take care of it for you. Have you got attic space that you can’t bring yourself to empty, a shed that desperately needs clearing out or are you having a big shakeup at work and need some extra space? Don’t worry; we’re here to help!
Wherever your rubbish is on your premises, our well trained and friendly staff will be all too happy to take it away for you. You don’t even need to move it, show us where it is and we’ll take care of all of it for you.
We're in the business of helping others
Core to our values is delivering peace of mind. We do this by focussing on our customers and offering the best experience possible while choosing the environmental option where we can. Our reviews are proving that we are succeeding, however, we are always looking to improve.
Delivering Peace of Mind
You will get an email reminder the day before and a text reminder on the morning of your booking.
We’ll let you know when we are on the way. On arrival we will firm up the price for you, take payment, then clear your waste and sweep up.
Once you have inspected to make sure you are happy, we will email you directly from site your waste transfer note, invoice showing paid, and any before and after photos.
We operate across Bristol, Bath, Taunton and the remainder of the Somerset region, so are able to offer you a national level of quality service, locally.
We know good service is important to you, so all our vehicle crews are professional trained and DBS checked for your peace of mind.
With so many happy customers, we could rest on our laurels. But we are committed to reviewing and improving what we do to make your experience even better.
When we set up this business, we wanted to make sure we were a force for good. We chose not to compete on price, but to offer exceptional service with an environmental focus and to seek out customers and suppliers with the same values.
Customer loyalty programme
We offer a 5% discount for all customers who choose to use us again within a year!
(Any Clearance reserve the right to change this loyalty discount programme at any time)
Read what people are saying about us
You’ve seen the shows, heard the stories – people who, for one reason or another, find themselves completely surrounded by possessions. Hoarding affects approximately 1.2
Thanks to modern medicine and higher standards of living, we’re living longer and dealing with situations that did not affect previous generations to the same
When you have a lot of rubbish to deal with, like after a major project or tackling a house clearance, it can be expensive and